Thank you, Cable Television

Monday, April 21, 2014

Throughout the week I am super busy. My daily routine generally consists of waking up, getting ready for work, my extremely AWFUL commute to work, work, working out, errands, home, shower and then sleep. Rinse and repeat.

So when I have some free time on the weekends I like to catch up on some of my current guilty pleasure shows (thank you, Jesus for On-Demand). I am not extremely proud of these shows but for some reason I have found myself entertained and frequently viewing these little gems.

Dallas

I know what you are all thinking "how can someone actually watch this show?" Let me state my case... So I have lived in Texas my whole life and I love the fact that this show actually films in Dallas, Texas. Go, Texas! Also, it is so dramatic that it reminds me of a telenovela. Ummm have you seen the actors on this show? They are HOT (automatic watch points)! Lastly, my dad and I watch it together - any opportunity to enjoy something with dad is a win in my book. If you have an hour to spare you should check out this show. Enjoy!

Southern Charm

So I found this show by total accident. I was home sick for a couple of days and had the opportunity to search the On Demand for some time fillers. This show plays on Bravo, and it follows six socialites from Charleston, South Carolina. The people on this show actually have interesting backgrounds with deep historical roots. It is pretty much like a "Real Housewives of..." series except it follows the males as well.   After watching one episode you will conclude that everyone on this show has an alcohol problem. Now, I am not casting judgement because I too enjoy a nice adult beverage, but these people take drinking to a whole new level. I have done my share of day drinking and drinking in general, but I think I would need to prepare my liver for weeks before going out for drinks with this group. All in all, I love this show. Totally worth 45 minutes of my time!

Chrisley Knows Best 


Now, I am not even sure if I should label this show under "guilty pleasure" because I am a big fan of this family and what they have to offer. The best way to describe this show is if Garden and Gun Magazine and a way less trashy version of Keeping Up With The Kardashians plus Dance Moms had a baby - Chrisley Knows Best would be the product. 

So maybe after this post you will make some of my current guilty pleasures your own.  Or you will totally judge me for liking shitty television? I am totally okay with either one, as long as you continue to read my blog ;)

What are your current guilty pleasure shows??


- The Modern Americana


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs