Second Quarter Goals for 2014

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Can I just say how much my life has changed during the first three months of 2014? I am pretty sure I went through hell and back again at least a couple of times. In-between hell and back I found peace, new life-long friendships, strength in current friendships, an even greater gift of love and support for/from my family and most of all how to truly enjoy the little things in life.

I am determined to make the rest of this year a better one. I know I cannot control every little thing that happens in my life, but I can certainly control how I react, accept and adapt to those things that are out of our control.  Those are things that I will keep in mind and continue to practice indefinitely.



Goals:

#1 Continue running. I recently joined a free running club - basically you meet up and run a 5k once a week, and by run I mean I run for 3 minutes and walk for 2 minutes until I finish the 5k. I have improved my time the last couple of weeks, but more progress needs to be made. I don't have your average runners body, but that does not discourage me.. If anything it makes me feel more powerful because I am doing something that people smaller than me are too lazy to do. My goal is to run a half marathon by the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015. It. Will. Happen. #runfattyrun

#2 Clean out my closet.  I am a girl so I feel like this goal doesn't need an explanation. This goal actually deserves it's own post.  #confessionsofashopaholic

#3 Meal prep all of my breakfasts and lunches.  This goal needs to happen, because momma is running out of money way too fast! I wonder where my paycheck goes and then I will look into it and see the number of charges to Salata on my debit card. Whoops! Those meals add up way too fast. So I will really do my best to work on this one. #moneydoesntgrowontrees

#4 Go to Church.  Now I am not the most religious person in the land, if I am being honest. I have often struggled with my religious beliefs as well, but I feel that I was in a happier place in my life back when I attended church on a weekly basis. If I can't make it every week  then I need to at least attend once a month. #jesusismyhomeboy

Let us now see how this next quarter of my life in 2014 goes. Will you be along for the ride?

I will leave you with some of my favorite pictures from the first quarter of 2014.









What are your second quarter goals for 2014?

- The Modern Americana

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs