My Favorite Weekend of the Year

Friday, April 25, 2014

I must gush for a second, because I am coming off of a weekend high. Every year my family spends Easter weekend at my grandparent's lake house. My grandfather passed away in January of 2012, and I miss him terribly. But the lake house is where I feel his spirit the most, and I love every minute of being there. The story of how my grandparents picked out the perfect piece of property and put their blood, sweat and tears into that little piece of heaven is one of my favorite stories. Every time I make a trip to the lake I am reminded of how lucky and loved I am.


My mom only has one brother and he lives in Austin. So he can't always make it to our Easter weekend festivities, but luckily both sides of my family are really close so my dad's siblings always join us for the weekend. I am extremely thankful to belong to such a close, loving, strong and beautiful family that actually enjoys being around each other.

Our Easter weekend usually consists of relaxing, candlelight patio dinners, breakfast outdoors, endless hours of fishing, boating, adult beverages, and memory making. Those moments are some that I would never trade.

So I will leave you with a few pictures from my weekend.













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs